Friday, November 9, 2007

Of Ads and Doctors

Hi.

At this writing, the SuperHuman Times ad that's been running on Comic World News has been clicked 97 times. Now that may not sound like a great response to you after a month online, but it's just three clicks shy of my target of 100. I'm fighting the temptation to go to the site and click for the sake of driving it home, but I won't. I'm sure most of the early clickers were Prometheus folks anyway, so it's already contaminated. But they all can't be in that 97, so I'm hoping new people found us and liked us. (Are you one of them? Let me know, please!)

In the meantime, I've been writing scripts, and I realized something that the Times Universe has in common with the real world: both have a helluva lot of doctors. Not that I have anything against doctors. They're vital to our society and they're excellent vessels for exposition. But I've written seven stories (so far) and five of them (so far) have doctors somewhere!

I reviewed the stories I've written so far (past and upcoming) to confirm this and, by God, look at this:

- "True North": pivotal scene takes place in a bombed hospital (dead doctors count);
- "Servant Problem": the guy who comes to claim Knuckles' body is a doctor;
- "Close Encounters": one of the main characters "was" a psychiatrist (you'll get it when you hear it);
- "Dashing": there's an ER (the doctors are alive in this one);
- "Penance": the main character's a medical researcher.

I think that's all the doctors I have for now. I promise to try and do better. Maybe I can have someone blow up a big law firm for a little variety.

-- L.

UPDATE, 11/10: Overnight, the ad hit 100. If you're here now as a result of seeing the ad, thanks. Now, go listen to the show!


No comments: